Google
Search the Web BerukBoy's Liberal Rants
The Onion, America's Finest News Source



Sunday, December 12, 2004

Bumi dipijak milik orang

Please note the following before any accusations of racism is hurled against Sénor BerukBoy: I trace my maternal lineage from a Hyderabad merchant-sailor who married a woman from the Han Province after they met in Singapore (great-great-great grandpa used to be a major domo tuan tanah there but that's a story for another day although it does explain why Kiasuland and their citizen-sheeple irk me so much). My mother's sister is married to a man of Arabic descent (Syed Sheikh Al-Mahsyoor) and I believe that I also have a semitic predecessor somewhere up the family tree (Arabic lah, not Jewish, Oi Vai! If the latter, I would be very the leng chai one and very the Einstein, mah. Oych a bashefenish). Iranian blood oso got (due to geographical and realpolitik considerations, Iranians are quite insistent about not being Middle Eastern or of Aryan extraction but point out that Iran is part of the Asian subcontinent and therefore Iranians are Asians. It's like why Israel plays football in the Euroleague. Just don't bother asking). I'm 6'3" due to my Javanese and Achenese paternal ancestors (and maybe oso thanks to Mr. Hyderabad merchant-sailor for the height and other things, ahem ahem :-D). My father's sister is ethnic chinese and so are my maternal cousins who I'm quite close to (all Puteri Umno members summore). So when my he says he is but my mother says don't go putting on airs by dropping names so I dunno maternal uncle said this, my family thought "Uncle Mat is in big trouble when he gets home". It might be a cold night in Missouri but it's going to be even colder in that bed, as my gwailo ex-wife would say.

That said, to quote Alvin (my chinese maca friend): "Perjuangan tetap perjuangan, bang". Let's keep that in mind and not forget what it took to get us all here. Yes, my aforementioned great-great-great grandpa wasn't the only one who died a horrible death to get us freedom (the freedom to get our movies banned by the Malaysian Censorship Board because of interracial luv - another pet saying of mine that my ex- really hated) and yes, he was the one who died so ngapa I lak nak tumpang glamour kut but the point I'm trying to make is, sacrifices were made on behalf of all of us and it should be honoured. Awat, hang kata atuk cek mati katak ke? Hang jangan main main, aku menurun kang baru hang tau.

Budak kecil main api
Terbakar dirinya sendiri*
Air mata darah
Bercampur keringat
Bumi dipijak milik orang

Nenek moyang kaya raya
Tergadai semua harta benda
Akibat sengketa sesamalah kita
Cinta lenyap diarus zaman.

* Funny factoid: My standard 6 teacher Mr Nasaruddin used to substitute the line "terbakar hatinya yang sepi".

0 Farts in the Wind:

Post a Comment

<< Home