Google
Search the Web BerukBoy's Liberal Rants
The Onion, America's Finest News Source



Friday, October 29, 2004

I Ain't Yo' Momma...

Hmm. I've always suspected that I was more of a left-leaning moderate who was fiscally conservative (I garb myself under the cloak of liberalism as a cynical commentary on 'labelling') but according to this test, I'm a 100% dyed-in-the-wool liberal. Not far-out pinko-commie-leftie but there I am right smack in the la-la land of liberalism. First saw mention of this test at Pejuang Bangsa. I don't completely agree with his politics, opinions or his writings (you can keep calling her Auntie Rose, I just call her Y.B. Datin Seri (by default) Rose - and she knows I'm being my usual self: a twit, heh) but I can tolerate his stuff a lot better than I can Mr. Neoconabee. And, because I am a strict abider of the netiquette of blogging, for the time being, I will refrain from making comments on his site.

Quid pro quo. Or, 'bila kat rumah orang, jangan lak berak kat laman depan'.

Yes, I am quite aware that certain sheeple go around checking google every half-hour to find out who had just posted a link to their site or spend hours combing through their weblogs for IP referrals. And no, I am not that anal. Wait, yes I am. But that's not the point.

"When hunting monsters, do not become a monster yourself" (Nietzche)

That said, I've been reading disturbing posts and comments in other sheeple's blogs (most of it I found on PPS). The usual stuff: Jeebus is great, Moon God worshippers suck and will go to Hell; All bumis are useless slackers (note: as a practicing self-identified Muslim by choice who doesn't agree with anyone stuffing their opinions down anyone else's collective throat, I provide the links only for educational purposes. Let me make this clear: I don't agree with one iota of the untruths contained therein. Want to cause me problems? Refer to my retinue of 7 lawyers or my paternal uncle who works for the SB. Think I'm kidding? Just try me. I double-dare you).

This ain't freedom of speech, people. This is outright hate-mongering. Turn the other cheek, love thy neighbours, blessed are the meek, cursed are the warmakers, separation of church and state, hello? Give unto ceasar... any of this sound familiar?

And before you start opening your pie-hole and making a fool of yourself - don't. Shut yo' mouth, son, you're letting the flies in. I have a number of friends (you know, 'friend', as opposed to 'acquaintance' or 'people who claim to know me but don't really') who are RC, AOG, JW and, of course, the catch-all monicker 'Saved by Jebus'. Heck, I even have Jewish friends (not to mention a few 3rd generation conservative son-of-the-south Republican). That's what being liberal is all about, see? Tolerant. Open-minded. I support your right to make an ass of yourself as long as you don't infringe on my rights or anyone else's.

And yes, I study scripture. My ex-wife and her family belonged to the coalition of the 'saved'. I supported her beliefs by going to 'choich' (that's what they call 'em in dixieland) with her, even made the effort of attending Sunday school. And no, I have no interest in being 'saved'. I already have a personal relationship with God, thank you very much.

So you say 'my people' are doing such-and-such and you're going to fight fire with fire. You're going to do lower yourself to 'our level', you say. An eye for an eye will leave the entire world blind, sheeple. And no, I didn't think that one up on my lonesome. This small bald indian guy did.

Jeez.

Latest dumb comment I read: "They litter because they think their Allah will clean up their shit". No, I won't encourage his screed by putting up a link. He knows who he is. And yes, I don't have to read your blog. And you don't have to read mine. That said, feel free to make all the dumb comments you want on your blog and I will support your right to make dumb comments even though I think that they are dumb comments and make you look like a total fucktard. Oh, note that I reserve the right to comment on your dumb comment on my blog. Freedom of speech, et all.

We 'bumis' have a saying: "If you're going to be dumb, don't be proud. If you're going to be proud, don't be dumb". In gist, kalo ko nak lagak bodoh sombong, pi main tengah jalan tepi longkang. Jangan kacau orang nak kojo cari rezeki.

Ok, enough said. Have to get ready for work. If any of you are interested, below is the result of my test. You know, the one I mentioned at the beginning before I started ranting.

Play nice, sheeple. And abide by all Malaysian road laws.

ACCORDING TO YOUR ANSWERS,

The political description that
fits you best is...

.

LIBERAL


LIBERALS usually embrace freedom of choice in personal

matters, but tend to support significant government control of the

economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net"
to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation

of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations,

defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action

to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.

The RED DOT on the Chart shows where you fit on the political map.




0 Farts in the Wind:

Post a Comment

<< Home