Google
Search the Web BerukBoy's Liberal Rants
The Onion, America's Finest News Source



Friday, September 03, 2004

Your Point of View is Completely Valid...

Jeebus H. Krisp, I am exhausted. I slept at 2 this morning running last-minute software and hardware upgrades so my dad can just power up his PC and surf when he comes back from his flight. And, as most of you sheeple are aware, I'm always up by 6. Have to attend Zuli's mom's birthday celebrations tonight. Yes, yes, I know what I've written about her in the past and my feelings haven't changed one iota but I'm doing it for Zuli's sake. However, I'm taking Manhattan_Faz with me just in case.

Been busy thinking about doing work lately. Yeah, I know, that's a lot of, uhm, work. But it is. I just have some minor touch-ups to do on my business proposal, print it out and voila I can pass the rough draft to an investor tomorrow afternoon. Manhattan_Faz and Dato' are coming with me.

You know, I've gotten into the habit of using so many code words these days to, uhm, protect the innocent that maybe I should rename this blog TheWannabeTanSriDiaries. For that matter, how come no one's taken up the domain name datindiaries.blogspot.com or datindiary.blogspot.com and satirize, you know, the blog I'm referring to. Yeah, yeah, I know, too much work. Tell me about it. I'm a trained copywriter and I'm too damn lazy to get off my well-rounded arse and rewrite my resume. I'll have to eventually get around to doing it. That's another reason why I'm undertaking the current project I'm on. So I'll have enough time to do stuff.

I read something the other day that went, uhm, lemme think... ah, screw it, lemme just google it in my gmail a sec... 'An office environment is supposed to be something you work in, not something you work despite'. Excellent quote from an article by Paul Graham. Actually, lemme quote a little bit more from the rest of that article.

After software, the most important tool to a hacker is probably his office.
Big companies think the function of office space is to express rank. But hackers
use their offices for more than that: they use their office as a place to think
in. And if you're a technology company, their thoughts are your product. So
making hackers work in a noisy, distracting environment is like having a paint
factory where the air is full of soot.

The cartoon strip Dilbert has a lot to say about cubicles, and with good
reason. All the hackers I know despise them. The mere prospect of being
interrupted is enough to prevent hackers from working on hard problems. If you
want to get real work done in an office with cubicles, you have two options:
work at home, or come in early or late or on a weekend, when no one else is
there. Don't companies realize this is a sign that something is broken?

You guys can read the rest here. I've tried working around the crap at my office, telling myself, it's the carpenter not the tools, yadda yadda, the usual Asian internal pep-talk. But to be quite honest, I would rather wander down to Redbox or Crepe Expresso and use their lousy wifi for like 8 hours and buy loads of expensive drinks just so I can get the peace and quiet I need to get my work done. Mr. High Intelligents High IQs of course would never understand it. But, what's that you say? You know of creative people everywhere else who can work in worse environments and you're just a spoiled wannabe, blah blah blah. Ok, I see your point of view, I feel that it's valid and all...

Fuck off.

What I really hate are non-creatives giving their uninvited and unqualified opinions on people working in my field. The supposed creatives who parrot their talking points just to get ahead in office politics are a close second, in my view. These are not people who should be dragged out and shot. Personally, I would have preferred them aborted at birth. As the Darwin Awards would say, 'Improve the gene pool. Remove yourself from it'.

Mwahahahahahaha.

Any the fuck way, I'm headed down to eat some of the new Slim & Trim whatever bread from Gardenia that I just bought yesterday with low-fat low-sodium tuna spread. Uhm, yummie.

More posts to come later if I'm in a better mood.

Oh, and Fuck the Corporate World, Beeyatch.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I kiss my mum with this mouth. Whatever.

Catch you sheeple on the flipside.

0 Farts in the Wind:

Post a Comment

<< Home