Google
Search the Web BerukBoy's Liberal Rants
The Onion, America's Finest News Source



Friday, July 02, 2004

The Much Promised Neil Gaiman Thread

To those of you who would accuse I, BerukBoy, of posting nonsense and trite on my blog - uhm, you're right? But let it not be said that BerukBoy doesn't have intellectual pretensions. Sometimes, deep at night, when all the world's fast asleep, BerukBoy can be found beneath his covers... reading. That's right you right-wing trogs! I read! Ha ha ha!

Sometimes I eat chocolate pudding in bed too but my maid refuses to clean up the mess afterwards and I don't like the idea of frickin' roaches crawling across my sheets. But that's neither here nor there.

I don't pretend to read everything. Well, that's a lie. When I'm bored, I'd read anything I can get my hands on. Except Marina Mahathir's 'In Liberal Doses'. But that's only because no one in my family would buy it and I'm too much of a cheapskate to get it myself. Maybe if I found it in the RM1 discount bin at the Pay-Less Bookstore. Or if someone would mail me a copy. I promise I won't mock it... overly much.

Anyway, I really fancy books by Neil Gaiman. I think he's bloody talented. American Gods, his latest novel, pandered too much to the much-celebrated LCDs of YankLand. Good read, though. Zuli liked it. I preferred Stardust and Neverwhere myself. Zuli and I are in the midst of collecting every Sandman trade paperback we can get our hands on (we're currently at book 4).


1 Farts in the Wind:

Blogger sativa said...

I love Neil Gaiman too. Reading American Gods now but somehow it felt such a drag. I love his graphic novels. I have a friend who's a huge Gaiman fan. I think it's safe to say she's the only person in Sarawak (if not Malaysia) who has the entire collection of everything by Gaiman. She has all Sandman graphic novels and now collecting his latest, 1602. I'm slowly going through her collection since I can't find Gaiman's books in the bookstores in Kuching. Sad, isn't it?

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home