Google
Search the Web BerukBoy's Liberal Rants
The Onion, America's Finest News Source



Monday, July 26, 2004

Maxis Needs to Get Their Shit Together

Ok, quick post. Went looking at Low Yat yesterday for a PDA-phone that came was Windows XP compatible (yes, yes, I know all you need is to download software for it but I'm buying it for Zuli's boss and he ain't exactly the most tech-savvy dude in the world). Found the O2 XDA II. It was p-e-r-f-e-c-t.
 
Now, the trouble was trying to decide between Digi and Maxis. Then I saw this ad at StarBiz (registration needed, it's free tho'). So I call Maxis and try to find out more about the package. The Service Rep was hemming and hawing his way through the 15 minute conversation before admitting defeat and referring me to the Tech Service people. Maxis techies didn't have a clue about what I was talking about. Told 'em I got their number off the ad. Major egg-in-the-face for everyone. Anyway, they told me they'd call me back. Yeah, whatever. The only thing that interests me about their package is the 2ghz download for RM50 a month. But I'll wait for them to call me back after they get their shit together. Yeesh.
 
Anyway, looking at a couple of notebooks. The ASUS A2500S is within my price range (RM5499) and the specs ain't bad: P4 2.8Ghz, 512 mb RAM, Radeon 9600 Pro, 15" screen, DVD+CD-RW, wi-fi, 30G HDD and TV output. Standard battery life though. On to the next one. The Elite MB021 (RM5798) has a Pentium 1.7Ghz processor, 512 mb DDr RAM, 40G HDD, 14" screen, DVD+CD-RW, weighs 1.9kg and has a standard battery too. It's light and that's about it. The Fujitsu Lifebook S2020 sounded interesting (RM5588) and it only weighs 1.7kg but I don't know if getting a branded notebook is all that important. Next! There's the NEC Versa E2000 152DW (RM5299) but that too focuses heavily on the brandname and not the specs (which are standard). And now we come to the Compaq Presario V1011 (RM4599) . Hmm. Good specs and I get a lot of stuff thrown in for free. But a Compaq? The M-Life Hyundai M375C sounds good (RM5188) but it comes with a video camera and do I really need that? My cousin uses the Toshiba Satellite A60 (RM4799) and he has no complains. But no bluetooth, only that lousy infra-red port. And it weighs 3.1kg! I ain't even considering Dell. The BenQ Joybook 5100 (RM5488) has all the specs I'm looking for but it suffers from the same lack-of-bluetooth problem Toshiba has. Arghh. Anyway, I'm showing all these figures to my financier (aka M.B.F.) and see what he has to say about it.
 
Holey sheeyit. It's already past 1 in the afternoon and I haven't eaten lunch yet. My boss did a disappearing act (claims he's in Miri, ha!) and my supervisor called in with an MC.
 
I'll talk to you good sheeple after I get some nosh in my belly. Laterz.           

0 Farts in the Wind:

Post a Comment

<< Home