Google
Search the Web BerukBoy's Liberal Rants
The Onion, America's Finest News Source



Sunday, June 20, 2004

J and the Accountant

Ok, I've been lax in updating my blog lately. I haven't really been that busy (except for a series of 9 ads for Unity College that's due on Tuesday)... I just go through these moods when I don't feel like doing anything but read. I devoured the two books I bought earlier this month (Forging the Darksword and Stupid White Men) and today I'll be headed to Kino to pick up Greg Palast's 'The Best Democracy Money can Buy' and the second book of the Darksword Trilogy.

You know, if I had a laptop and webbit, I'd be making blog entries from the bathroom. Sobering thought, eh?

Ok, here's the website of the day. Enjoy.

Oh, me and Zuli were at Passions yesterday meeting up with J and her bf Faisal. Nice guy. Accountant. About to join Bank Islam. They get to go home at 3 pm in Ramadan. I, on the other hand, get to go home at 5.

There's just no justice in the world.

Weird stuff's been happening to me this week. My immediate supervisor remarked on Thursday that my talents were wasted in the chekia agency I work in. He offered to set me up at this other agency his friend owns. I demurred, saying I needed to establish job cred by actually working somewhere for at least a year. It was nice of him though. Other than the usual ribbing from my so-called Creatives Department, I've been left pretty much alone this week.

Was reading Adoi on Friday when I came across a short screed on SCAM (Secret Community of Adverting in Malaysia). Too funny. Ad people bitching about their agencies and the industry in general. Good place to get a job.

Another blog that's a pleasure to read is one by Jeff Ooi. Biting, unstinting commentary on the Malaysian poli-socio situation.

Anyway, I gotta split. My uncle's organizing a brunch/bbq of sorts. Catch you people later.

0 Farts in the Wind:

Post a Comment

<< Home