Google
Search the Web BerukBoy's Liberal Rants
The Onion, America's Finest News Source



Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Ittie Bittie Print Space

Ok, peeps, El ChimpoNino is back.

My immediate supervisor (Mi, the Sales Manager - Now, you might be wondering, why is sales h.o.d. in charge of the copywriting department? Heck, I have no idea. It's one of those mysteries of life. Like why do Proton windows always jam after the warranty runs out or who actually eats at Long John Silvers?) went to service one of our clients, big boss (Mr. King) having a 'discussion' with the Media Buyer, Min, in his office.

No progress worth mentioning on the 9 ad job I'm supposed to be working on. I've only managed to complete two so far and they're good, real good.

Just suffering from a total absence of motivation this week.

I mean, if I wanted to do a hack job, I could be finished in an hour. Zuli doesn't understand why I take hours pondering and rewriting headlines (for just about everything, I might add, from an e-mail to a recruitment ad blurb). Yes, for those of us toiling in the lower echelons of the Malaysian ad industry, we get to write recruitment ads. To paraphrase Genie from the Aladdin animated flick, "Phenomenal, cosmic, creative powers! Ittie-bittie, print space". *sigh*

Could be worse, though. I could be working for an anal report factory (and yes, you scumbags, we know your A.E.s have expense accounts larger than our combined monthly salaries... but you're still an ANAL report factory, ha ha ha).

It's funny, you know, when you sit and think of what you've done and where you've been. I'll be 30 next year and here I am still trying to establish job cred with a super cekia bumi-owned ad agency.

Anyway, I'm heading downstairs to grab some lunch then I'll be back at the office in front of my computer trying to figure out how else I can sell my soul to the God of Consumerism.

With that, I'm outta here.

0 Farts in the Wind:

Post a Comment

<< Home