Google
Search the Web BerukBoy's Liberal Rants
The Onion, America's Finest News Source



Sunday, June 27, 2004

Flamewar at Screenshots

Since Jeff had to shut down the comment function on his blog due to the acts of certain gollums, I was quite surprised to read his post where he shared the content of his mailbox. Weirdest flamewar I've ever been privy too (they're feuding over cost of living in the UK and Australia).

Hmm, maybe I should get my brother to comment about living in Oz or write to Jeff myself about the 5 years I lived in America (getting nickled and dimed by the Man). Ah, maybe not. I have better things to do with my life than to trade barbs with ignorant idjits. Please, click on the link before you make any comment. However, if you think that when I say 'ignorant idjit' I am referring to you... well... that reminds me of a joke.

This guy was at the baseball game buying a hotdog and a bottle of soda when he heard someone yell behind him, 'Joe, you're an idiot!'. The guy quickly turned around to find out who had made the comment but no one would 'fess up. He's walking down the stands with his hotdog and soda when he hears someone yell, 'Joe, you're an idiot!'. He's fuming by now and he carefully scans the crowd to see if he could spot the offender. No such luck. He tries to calm himself down, making his way to his seat, and just as he's about to take a bite of his hotdog, he hears the yell once again, 'Joe, you're an idiot!'. Completely enraged, he drops his hotdog and soda, jumps to his feet and yells back 'You goddamn coward! Come and say that to my face! And my name is Jeff *NOT* Joe!'.

Too frickin' funny. And how very apt.

2 Farts in the Wind:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kid, you got it all WRONG. The shutting down of the conversation was not due to "cost of living issues" but to his "attack" on the NST boss and the subsequent counterstrike!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Sénor BerukBoy said...

Ahem. Allow me to set the record straight.

What I wrote:
Since Jeff had to shut down the comment function on his blog due to the acts of certain gollums, I was quite surprised to read his post where he shared the content of his mailbox. Weirdest flamewar I've ever been privy too (they're feuding over cost of living in the UK and Australia).

If you had clicked on the gollum link, you would find Jeff's explanation of why he had to shut down the comment function (Neo-Nazi NST editors, etc, etc). The first sentence of my post was on how surprised I was that Jeff was now posting his readers' comments (via e-mail to him) on a blog post (which, upon careful reading of the gollum post, was also elaborated upon by Jeff). Then, I commented on the weird flamewar going on in Screenshots over cost of living in the UK and Oz.

Err, where then did I make the claim that Jeff shut down the comment function on his blog due to the flamewar between his readers? Considering, of course, that it's a chronological impossibility (he shut down the comment function long before that particular post).

Uhm, thanks for your Fart in the Wind. Please come again.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home